Mold can be found virtually anywhere. All it needs is a little moisture to thrive. Protecting your home from mold is difficult, but absolutely necessary. Living with mold can be very dangerous to your health. Mold removal should be frequent and thorough.
Where Mold Hides
Mold can turn walls and grout green or black, but it is not always so obvious. Mold is known to hide in several places in the home, including:
- upholstery and other fabrics
And that is just to name a few! Mold can be found quite literally anywhere! Even traveling in tiny dust particles. Southeastern Idaho might be fairly dry, but we are not short on dust. With mold hiding in every corner, mold removal is a daunting task.
Here are the basic steps necessary for proper mold removal:
- Identify and Resolve the Problem: larger mold infestations are often due to leaky roofs, or faulty plumbing of some sort. You can’t expect to tackle the moldy mess until the problem has been properly resolved.
- Isolate the Problem: During the cleaning process, mold particles can enter and travel through the air. It is safest to seal the damage from the rest of your home to keep it from spreading.
- Dispose of Damaged Material: consider replacing all porous materials and all materials that have been severely damaged. These materials could include carpet, floorboards, or even bathroom caulk. Before throwing everything out, make sure to seal it in plastic bags to keep the mold contained.
- Cleaning: finally, the cleaning begins. Scrub the infected and surrounding areas with a bleach and water mixture. Disinfect everything, and then give it a good rinse.
- Dry it out: we don’t want all this work to be a waste. Before putting the room back together you need to be absolutely sure that everything has properly dried.
Mold removal is quite the process, and if done incorrectly the mold will just keep returning time and time again. Let the pros at Sunrise Cleaning and Restoration tackle this problem with you. Let us get rid of the mold for you, and teach you how to keep it from coming back! Contact us today to schedule your inspection and cleaning.